Job number : VR/02526
Assistant PR Account Executive – Guildford, Surrey
£17,000 – £18,000 plus benefits
An exciting consumer lifestyle PR agency in central Guildford is offering a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their PR career. Joining this collaborative team, you will find all the pace of a London agency but in a smaller, supportive and growing agency.
To apply, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Basic understanding of public relations within wider marketing mix
- Basic media relations coordination and support skills including creating media lists; conducting media research; updating media database; tracking forward features
- Some experience of journalist relationships
- Online and offline research skills
- Some knowledge and understanding of industry publications, nationals, broadcast media
- Competency in MS Office
- Proven communication skills
- Experience of working effectively within a team
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding client business, industry sectors and issues
- Organising editorial calendars, including sourcing and qualification of information
- Liaising with suppliers, such as venues, photographers, printers and press cutting agencies
- Preparing press materials and press packs with guidance from line manager
- Developing an understanding of the pitch process; beginning to participate in brainstorms and contributing ideas
- Conducting research to support pitch activities
Not for you but you know someone suitable? Bluetree offers a referral fee.
Bluetree Recruits Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.