Job number: VR/02278
Events Coordinator – Godalming, Surrey
£20,000 – £26,000 plus benefits
Bluetree has the pleasure of working with a boutique communications agency in the heart of Surrey who are recruiting for an Events Coordinator. Our client specialises in live events but they also get to the heart of client concerns by gathering insights to create sustainable long term relationship with customers.
Reporting into the Project Director, the Events Coordinator will play a vital support role on a variety of projects by efficiently, flexibly and pro-actively helping their main line producer or project director. You will enable the producer and wider project team to deliver outstanding results and exceptional client service at all times. This is a multi-disciplinary role and will cover aspects including production, technical, digital solutions, content, research, logistics, budget monitoring and of course excellent client and supplier contact.
- Help set up and attend regular internal and external creative and content meetings
- Compile timely, accurate draft contact reports for onward external distribution
- Liaise and negotiate rates and services with suppliers, venues and other service providers
- Provide valid costings for the producer/project director
- Research and investigate venue both in UK/internationally, set up and undertake comprehensive site inspections, (often accompanying clients), negotiate with venues and other suppliers to ensure the best rates are offered to clients and attend venue and logistics supplier meetings
- Manage specific areas of the project as directed by the producer/project director
- Organise and set up onsite production offices
- Research for projects and pitches to then interpret that research often into draft PPT presentations
- Complete insurance documents and event safety files
- Deputise for Producer and other project members on occasion
- Post production responsibilities including goods & materials returning from event and archiving
Key skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A resilient ‘can-do’ attitude
- Highly organised with good administration skills and flawless attention to detail
- Willing to seize responsibility
- Good with people at all levels
- Unfazed by tight deadlines and conflicting priorities; remain calm and collected under pressure
- A confident communicator and presenter
- A quick learner; willing to grow and develop
- Interested in both content, digital, social media, technical and logistical aspects of company operations
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office
- Keep up to date with event/creative/media industry advances
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and develop key communications skills from a number of senior, highly experienced live event professionals. If this role is of interest please get in touch today.
Not for you but you know someone suitable? Bluetree offers a referral fee.
Bluetree Recruits Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.