Job number : VR/02551
Senior Designer – Binfield, Berkshire
£30,000 – £37,000 plus benefits
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Designer to join an expanding independent design agency.
You must have a flair for generating good conceptual ideas and be able to provide high-end creative design solutions. Good communication skills are essential as you will be required to convey concepts and ideas effectively to the development team as well as taking responsibility for providing continuous direction to artworkers and developers when required. During the design process, you must have meticulous attention to detail while ensuring that consistency is upheld throughout a project. A strong understanding of various print processes, print finishing, and digital print systems are essential.
- Be completely responsible for the development of design themes and concepts, ensuring all assets are designed to the highest standard and within allocated budgets and timeframes.
- Take responsibility for your designs by overseeing and advising artworkers during the development process, with particular attention to consistency.
- Perform regular quality assurance checks to ensure the work is being carried out to the highest standards, giving appropriate design advice and highlighting areas of success and improvement.
- Attend and contribute during conference calls or face-to-face meetings with the client.
- Provide the Sales and Account Management team with support where required.
Experience and qualifications:
- Educated, preferably to degree level or an equivalent qualification in design.
- Have experience in a commercial environment working in the design industry.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Strong understanding of the use of typography, logos, graphics and colour.
- Experience creating, developing and implementing brands, logos, and other identities, and implementing and ensuring compliance with brand guidelines.
- Fully conversant with all stages of the print/publication production process.
- Knowledge of website design (responsive web design and multi-touch devices, UX, UI).
Not for you but you know someone suitable? Bluetree offers a referral fee.
Bluetree Recruits Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.